Canceled: Taste of Wheaton
PAST DATES AND TIMES
- Sunday, Jun 5, 2016 11am to 5pm
It is with much regret that we have made the very hard decision to cancel this year's Taste of Wheaton, scheduled for Sunday, June 5, due to the forecast of severe thunderstorms. This being Wheaton's signature event, we understand that the Wheaton community and surrounding region look forward to this event, celebrating some of the best that Wheaton has to offer. This decision was not taken lightly, and we appreciate your understanding.
Taste of Wheaton highlights the deliciously diverse restaurants in downtown Wheaton. The 21st annual event will take place on Sunday, June 5, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm in the Wheaton Triangle at the corner of Grandview Avenue and Reedie Drive in downtown Wheaton (one block north of the Wheaton Metro station).
Download event program here.
Taste of Wheaton highlights include:
- Food samples from some of downtown Wheaton’s best restaurants at prices ranging from $1 to $5 per “taste".
- Confirmed restaurants: Los Cobanos, Filipo's Italian Specialties, Moby Dick Sushi, Saigonese Restaurant, Ruan Thai, Hung Phat, Hollywood East Cafe, IHOP, Yummy In My Tummy, Sarku Japan, Starbucks, Ledo Pizza, Lumpia Pansit ATBP, Green Plate Catering, Pollo Campero, The Limerick Pub, and Squire's Rock Creek Chophouse.
- Cocktail demonstrations*
- Including bartenders from BeClaws and Squire's Rock Creek Chophouse
- Food and wine pairing/tastings*
- Featuring Gourmet Inspirations, BeClaws, Green Plate Catering, The Little Bitts Shop/Caked Up, Christina's Italian Restaurant, Kantutas Restaurant, Cafe Tejas and Ana G. Mendez University System.
- Beer garden*
- Live music and dance performances
- Trio Caliente (Latin), Urban Funk (70's Funk), Dub City Renegades (Reggae), Amaretto (Top 40, R&B)
- Kids' rides
- Henna tattoo art, face painting, balloon sculptures and caricature
*Tickets must be purchased for this event activity. 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Mid-County United Ministries (MUM). Must be at least 21 years old and show ID to purchase alcohol.