Taste of Wheaton 2014
- Sunday, June 8, 2014 • 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Download event program here
Taste of Wheaton highlights the deliciously diverse restaurants in downtown Wheaton. The 19th annual event will take place on Sunday, June 8, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm in the Wheaton Triangle at the corner of Grandview Avenue and Reedie Drive in downtown Wheaton (one block north of the Wheaton Metro station).
Taste of Wheaton highlights include:
- Food samples from some of downtown Wheaton’s best restaurants at prices ranging from $1 to $5 per “taste". Confirmed restaurants include: The Limerick Pub, Hollywood East Cafe, Los Cobanos, Marchone's Italian Deli, Green Plate Catering, Thai Taste by Kob, Ledo Pizza, IHOP, Saigonese Restaurant, Moby Dick Sushi, Little Caesars Pizza, Starbucks, Ming Tree, Pollo Campero, Umberto"s Restaurant, Pollo Sabroso, Ana G. Mendez University Culinary School
- Cooking demonstrations sponsored by Yelp featuring local chefs from: Thai Taste by Kob, Green Plate Catering, and Ana G. Mendez Culinary School. Moderator: Michael Bishop, Yelp MD Burbs Community Manager
- Food and wine tastings sponsored by Safeway*
- Live music featuring: Soul Crackers (Soul, Motown), King Teddy(Swing), Secret Society (R&B, Top 40), Orquesta la Romana (Latin)
- Dance Performances featuring Wheaton Studio of Dance, Urban Artistry, Titanes Salseros, Roda Movements and others
- Kids' rides
- Arts & crafts sponsored by Montgomery Art Association
- Face painting, balloon sculptures and caricature
*Tasting tickets must be purchased for this event activity. 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Mid-County United Ministries (MUM). Must be at least 21 years old and show ID to purchase alcohol.