Artist Relocation Program
Wheaton Arts and Entertainment District is seeking to help relocate artists to our district. Visual artists, traditional artists, literary, and performance artists. If you are creative, we want you to join our community!
Wheaton is a Growing Urban Community In Search Of:
- Creative types seeking amenities and benefits of a major metropolitan suburb
- Citizens of the world who value cultural diversity and being a part of a vibrant and close-knit community
- Adventurous types who want to find the diamond in the rough
- Foodies who crave authentic ethnic cuisine at their doorstep
If interested, we hope you will consider making Wheaton your next destination and home!
Just minutes from the nation’s capital, perfectly situated in the center of three major thoroughfares, and conveniently located on the DC Metro’s Red Line, Wheaton is in the center of it all.
From a world-class botanical garden, a nationally renowned music center, and one of the region’s largest shopping centers; to specialty shops, award-winning restaurants, and outdoor events, Wheaton boasts activities and attractions that are as eclectic and diverse as its residents.
Boasting of an extremely diverse population, Wheaton strongly supports the traditional arts, a variety of ethnic restaurants, and diverse performance talent.
With revitalization in progress and major growth on the horizon, Wheaton is an ideal location for artists to live, create and sell their work.
Here are more reasons Wheaton is a great place for Artists:
- Affordable housing (20%+ less than Washington, DC) and multiple low income housing options available
- A&E District tax benefits to artists
- Top-rated Montgomery County Public School system
- Easy access to both Washington, DC and Baltimore (as well as Philadelphia -2.25 hours and New York City-3.5 hours by car)
- Access to a locally thriving community of artists and entrepreneurs
- A state that offers the fifth strongest public funding support for the arts nationally
Arts and Entertainment District
In addition to all the above, Wheaton has been designated as one of the State of Maryland’s 24 Arts and Entertainment Districts (and one of three in Montgomery County). Potential benefits of operating within an A&E District include:
- Local property tax credits for live-work artist space or other arts and entertainment facilities;
- State income tax deductions for artists who create and sell their work within an A&E District;
- An exemption from the Admissions & Amusement Tax for certified arts and entertainment activities;
Visit Wheaton Today
Wheaton has much to offer and is the ready to be the next place to be in the DC area. The location is great, the food is fantastic—and its people are ready to welcome you, your family, and friends. Don't just take our word for it-visit us today! The arts and artists are recognized in Wheaton as an essential element for a vibrant community. We hope you will join us!
Be the first to know about Downtown Wheaton news & events.